Art-K teaches art to adults and children aged 6-16. We create a fun, quirky atmosphere to enable children to grow creatively. We run the art-K programme in each club, putting the student’s artistic development at the centre of our focus.
Approximately 60% of time is dedicated to teaching the students, 25% into preparing for the classes, 15% to admin and promotion.
The successful applicant will be given full training in the teaching and business techniques and be closely supported by the art-K team- Kathryn, David and Emily.
The salary range is part base salary and part performance related varying with the number of children acquired and retained. The number of sessions will increase as the club grows.
Working with art-K means you will:
- Work in a fun, club environment with high teacher-pupil ratios where children are enthusiastic about art.
- Join a strong team of like-minded artists and teachers.
- Gain experience and knowledge in art programmes, teaching, child development and marketing a small business.
- Have face-to-face training on all art projects by Kathryn, the Creative Director.
- Undergo training on marketing from Emily, the Managing Director, to understand how to engage with the pupils efficiently and effectively.
- Work on projects to contribute to the art-K programme by liaising with Kathryn and other employees on new ideas.
What we look for:
- Art degree
- Experience working with children
- Basic computer skills
- Experience on social media
- A giving person who is passionate about children’s artistic development.
- A positive attitude to encourage students on their projects.
- Motivated whilst working independently.
- Excited to work with a fast-growing, family-owned brand.
Job Type: Full time
Salary: £20K base with bonuses on top. Reviewed at end of probation and increases subject to performance. Reviewed yearly thereafter. Year 1: £20,000.00 to £25,000.00.
Start date: February 2019
Location: 27 High Street, Purley, CR8 2AF
Job Type: Full-time
To apply: please submit a CV and cover letter explaining why you would be a good fit for the position.