Art Club Manager & Teacher
art-K has developed a specialist art program that tutors art skills to create great pieces of art. We are the largest art education service in England, teaching over 5,500 children nationally per week!
All educationalist agree that Art has positive effects on mental health, self-confidence and developing an individual personality. art-K helps realise those benefits by engaging teachers dedicated to these ideals and providing art projects that are inspiring and fun.
The successful applicant will be given full training in our teaching methods and techniques to run the club. The employee will be closely supported by the central support team as well as other art teachers. Each employee is based in their own art studio. 50% of Club Leader time is dedicated to teaching the students, 25% is spent on preparing the classes, 25% to admin and promotion.
In the role, you will:
- Work with high teacher-pupil ratios, teaching children who love art.
- Join a strong team of like-minded artists and teachers.
- Gain experience and knowledge in art programmes, teaching, child development and marketing.
- Have face-to-face training on all art projects and marketing and ongoing support.
- Receive high quality, ongoing training as part of our commitment to our teachers ongoing professional development.
What we look for:
- Art degree (or can demonstrate skills equivalent)
- Experience working with children
- Basic computer skills
- 1+ years teaching experience in roles in a variety of roles
- A growth learner mindset
- Long term commitment in previous employment
Outside of the programme and day to day work, we bring in specialists, top of their field to support teachers’ growth. Training includes: First Aid, safeguarding, behaviour management and modification, people management, core skills training and further external training is funded on request.