We believe everyone should have the opportunity to access art education.
Join us in fulfilling our mission.
The Arts is a large part of our British culture and it is something we pride ourselves on: theatre, design, museums and galleries. But how will we continue to be a significant contributor to the arts, if we’re not teaching our children the building blocks for creativity. To think and learn differently, to challenge perceptions and to dream.
These skills can be taught through art, but art is consistently being squeezed out of the curriculum in school; the national curriculum objective in art is to teach children to be ‘proficient at drawing’. What does that mean?
We’ve seen a staggering drop in the number of hours art is taught in schools by 16% from 2010 to 2017. This has been replaced by an increase in hours for subjects such as history and geography (21 – 25%). This is a systemic problem that has already spanned 20 years and there’s no indication it’s going to change.
From extensive research and testing over the past 20 years, art-K has created the art-K teaching method. This approach teaches personalised programmes in a nurturing environment, centred around the 4 core visual skills:
Visual perception– perceiving details and patterns within the natural environment.
Visual memory – the ability to draw realistically from the mind.
Fine motor control – increasing dexterity and the ability to manipulate materials.
Spatial awareness – modelling and understanding proportion and perspective.
By understanding these, how children develop, what they’re interested in and what they’re able to achieve, we are able to create a personalised programme for each individual student and give them the building blocks for creativity, independent thinking and self-confidence. Our goal is to create fierce artists ready for any challenge.
We believe everyone should enjoy their job and work environment.
No marking, no Ofsted, no pre-set criteria to meet.
In Depth Training and Ongoing Support
Uncapped Earning Potential
Creative Network of 100+ Artists
Automated Booking Systems
Your Own Studio
Joining art-K enables you to:
- Replicate a business model, established since 2000, which provides financial independence.
- Work in a fun, club environment where children are enthusiastic about art. Adult sessions can be run in addition to the children’s, as a second revenue stream.
- Join a strong support network of like-minded artists and teachers, with termly meetings to share thoughts and experiences.
- Face-to-face training is provided on all art projects as well as regular conversations.
- Undergo extensive training on marketing from Emily, to understand how to engage with your target market efficiently and effectively.
- Receive ongoing support– whenever required- from the management team.
- Have your own studio space, which you can use to develop your artistic practice alongside teaching.
- Offer creative contributions to the art-K programme by liaising with Kathryn on new ideas.
The Franchise Package:
- In depth training on the programme and art-K teaching methods.
- Marketing and business training.
- Exclusive territory from which no other art-K club can operate.
- Discounted, high-quality art-K branded materials.
- Centralised, automated booking systems.
- HR and H&S training and support.
- Assistance finding a location and setting up your studio
- Start-up materials package.
- Termly franchise gatherings.
Is art-K for you?
We are looking for Franchisees from a wide range of backgrounds, ask yourself:
- Do you have an art degree?
- Are you passionate about working with children?
- Do you want to learn and embody art-K’s ideals and methods?
- Are you ambitious and looking for a change in career, with unlimited earning potential?
- Do you want to be part of a national network that employs 100+ artists, focussed on delivering a high-quality artistic education to its pupils?
For further information have a look at our Facebook page for videos answering FAQs from our franchisees.