Your Own Studio
Autonomy In Your Workplace
The art-K Franchise Opportunity
art-K is an exciting Art Education Service where children and adults can develop their artistic skills in an encouraging environment.
art-K has been running art classes since 2000. Our age-related program differentiates us from our competitors, resulting in children spending an average of 4 years at art-K.
As a Franchisee, you would be setting up your own art-K Club; you will be provided with projects and programmes to enable you to run classes for children aged 6- 16 and adults.
You would join a network of Franchisees and employees, all trained in the art-K methods and focused on delivering high quality art classes to their students.
art-K’s own art assistants and parents are amongst the first applicants to be awarded a Franchise; a ringing endorsement from people who know us best.
As your customer base grows your salary will also increase, quickly outstripping a salaried art teaching post.
For the past 6 years I have been teaching Art, Textiles and Photography at a local school in West Sussex. I love teaching Art but I have become increasingly frustrated with how little time I have with my students and the large class sizes. I felt that the subject I loved and felt passionate about, was being pushed out of the curriculum.
Then I found art-K by chance after searching online for alternative jobs in Art; I knew I still wanted to teach children, but in a smaller and more nurturing environment. Also, I have a little boy and re-gaining a work-life balance was a big priority for me and my family. I have been able to set up my club how I wanted, with the flexibility to choose my days, hours and type of classes to suit my needs.
I have been overwhelmed by the time, support and reassurance of both Emily and Kathryn. Emily has been exemplary in her guidance, supporting me through finding premises, running me through marketing my club and steering me through any obstacles that came my way! Kathryn has provided me with the training, ensuring that I am confident in delivering art-K’s creative and inspiring art projects.
Since completing my Masters degree in fine art at Falmouth University I have continued to explore painting as my main studio practice. I have spent a year as a teaching assistant at a Truro secondary school and whilst there I discovered art-K which is a fantastic blend of creativity and quality teaching methods and projects. I am so impressed with the quality of the art projects and knew I had made the right decision as soon as I saw the art-K program. It is an amazing structure that can be shared with children and adults, to experienced artists and to those who have little or no experience.
Having previously studied art at Chelsea College of Arts, I was really impressed by the high standard and variety of art-K’s artwork, which enticed me to find out more about the franchise model. Kathryn is an extremely talented and inspiring art teacher and she has been instrumental in giving me the training and confidence to learn the projects provided in the Art-K manual. Emily, the Franchise Manager, is a very professional and astute business woman who oversees all the business formalities. Kathryn and Emily have been extremely helpful and supportive in starting up the business whilst assisting me in finding and negotiating terms on our commercial premises, marketing, advertising and completion of all financial and legal documents. Having a future career doing exactly what I love is only something others can dream about, so I want to share how ecstatic I am to have found such an amazing Franchise business model, which has changed my outlook on life.
I have always been interested in art whether it’s sewing, drawing or cooking. I am currently a teaching assistant in a primary school where I love seeing the children develop over the course of the year. When attending the franchise show it was an unexpected surprise to come across art-K and immediately it felt right. After visiting them at their main hub, I knew it was what I wanted to pursue; it will give me independence whilst doing something that gives me joy.
I am an artist who’s looking for a new direction and inspiration in my career. When I visited art-K, I was very impressed by how thoroughly the children enjoyed the projects. Many children had been attending a long time and their creative work was of a standard that revealed dedication and a love of art. I look forward to my training with Kathryn, who is a very engaging teacher, and starting my own business.
I have worked at art-K as an art assistant for the last 6 months and I couldn’t wait to start my own club when the opportunity arose. Having always loved art, I’m incredibly excited about being able to share my passion with the next generation of artists. The whole team so far have really helped with the setting up process and they’ve been able to answer all my questions from their years of experience in the industry. Incredibly, I have already had enquiries to join the club before it’s even opened!
My daughter attends art-K in Ashtead, so I have had first-hand experience of what incredible artwork art-K produces. The different materials and media that the children get to experiment with is something I never had at school. I’ve been looking for a change in direction at work and art-K will give me the opportunity to spend time with my kids whilst being in control of my own business. The support I’ve received so far has been invaluable and I can’t wait for what the future holds.
Teaching art for almost 8 years in a school, led me to art- K. Not only am I able to continue teaching the subject that I love but I have also now been gifted with the time to develop my own skills and personal art work as well as facilitate a more intrinsic learning experience for the children. The programme of study devised by art-K enables my students to thrive on creativity and use a wide range of techniques and materials. The creative future for Birmingham starts here, utterly grateful and excited to see what our efforts bring!
Joining art-K enables you to:
- Replicate a business model, established since 2000, which provides financial independence.
- Work in a fun, club environment where children are enthusiastic about art. Adult sessions can be run in addition to the children’s, as a second revenue stream.
- Join a strong support network of like-minded artists and teachers, with termly meetings to share thoughts and experiences.
- Face-to-face training is provided on all art projects by Kathryn, as well as weekly conversations.
- Undergo extensive training on marketing from Emily, to understand how to engage with your target market efficiently and effectively.
- Receive ongoing support– whenever required- from the management team.
- Have your own studio space, which you can use to develop your artistic practice alongside teaching.
- Offer creative contributions to the art-K programme by liaising with Kathryn on new ideas.
The Franchise Package:
- Art projects to run in your art-K club
- One-to-one training on the projects for the first year and training days for all further projects
- Marketing and business training
- Marketing material
- Developing a personalised business plan and financial forecast, outlining yearly growth projections
- Exclusive territory from which no other art-K can operate
- A list of how to secure art-K materials at discounted rates, only available to Franchisees
- A central booking system
- Assistance finding a location and setting up your studio
- A start-up package including materials and canvases painted by members of art-K to decorate your studio
Is art-K the Business for you?
We are looking for Franchisees from a wide range of backgrounds, ask yourself:
- Do you have core artistic skills?
- Are you passionate about working with children?
- Do you have experience working with children and/or transferable business skills?
- Are you ambitious and looking for a new and exciting business opportunity, with unlimited earning potential?
- Do you want the support of experienced business advisors?
- Do you want to be part of a national, close-knit family-originated brand focussed on delivering a high-quality artistic education to its pupils?
For further information have a look at our Facebook page for videos answering FAQs from our franchisees.