Part Time Art Teacher
art-K has developed a specialist art program that tutors art skills to create great pieces of art. We are the largest art education service in England, teaching over 5,500 children nationally per week!
All educationalist agree that Art has positive effects on mental health, self-confidence and developing an individual personality. art-K helps realise those benefits by engaging teachers dedicated to these ideals and providing art projects that are inspiring and fun.
We’re looking for a caring, passionate and enthusiastic Part Time Teacher to work 4 days per week. Some roles may start at 3 days, depending on the studio, and grow to 4 days, including Sunday.
The successful applicant will be given full training in our teaching methods and techniques to support the club’s continual growth. The employee will be closely supported by the central support team and their line manager will be the Branch Manager and Teacher.
In the role, you will:
- Work in a fun, club environment with high teacher-student ratios where children are enthusiastic about art.
Join a strong team of like-minded artists and teachers.
- Gain experience and knowledge in art programmes, teaching and child development.
- Have training on all art-K projects.
- Run workshops in school holiday times.
- Be available to cover classes at other clubs on occasions of art leader sickness, training, or other absence, (extra hours and travel costs to be paid if required).
What we look for:
- Art degree (or can demonstrate skills equivalent)
- Experience teaching/ working with children
- Basic computer skills
- Child-related experience
- A growth learner mindset
Outside of the programme and day to day tasks, we bring in specialists, top of their field to support teachers’ growth. Training includes: First Aid, safeguarding, behaviour management and modification and more.