Support and Mentoring
Be creative in your job
Working with art-K means you will:
- Work in a fun, club environment with high teacher-pupil ratios where children are enthusiastic about art.
- Join a strong team of like-minded artists and teachers.
- Gain experience and knowledge in art programmes, teaching, child development and marketing a small business.
- Have face-to-face training on all art projects by Kathryn.
- Undergo extensive training on marketing from Emily, to understand how to engage with the pupils efficiently and effectively.
- Work directly with Management – having weekly chats with Kathryn and Emily- and be empowered to manage your own studio.
- Work on projects to contribute to the art-K programme by liaising with Kathryn and other employees on new ideas.
- Salary reviews rewarding long-term contributions to the company.
Contact us about being part of the team
If you're interested in working with art-K, drop us an email with a brief introduction and we will keep you updated with current opportunities.
You will be provided with projects and programmes to enable you to run classes for children aged 6- 16 and adults.
What we look for:
- Art degree
- Experience working with children
- Basic computer skills
- Experience on social media
- Motivated whilst working independently
- Confident in brainstorming new ideas
- Excited to work with a close-knit family-owned brand
- Interested in the importance of art for creativity and wellbeing
- Adapt to unexpected situations
- Handle change with flexibility
- Pre-empt students’ needs
- Innovate processes
- React positively to advice
- Make art-K a fun place to be and work
I’ve always had a passion for teaching, and had my heart set on becoming an art teacher. However, whilst I was at university, I saw the funding and support for arts in education reach new lows. I began to think about the importance of art initiatives external to the school curriculum, and thought maybe one day I would set something up to help nurture children’s creativity. When I found out art-K was doing exactly that, I immediately knew I wanted to be a part of their team! It also feels great to work for a family owned business, with others who believe in the importance of art and creativity for education and wellbeing.
Meet the art-K Club Leaders
Keep an eye out for new opportunities arising across our art-K network. These are mixture of both part-time and full-time positions.
At the moment we are recruiting for: