art-K is a private art education service, which has developed a specialist art program that tutors art skills to create great pieces of art. We are the largest art education service in England, teaching over 5000 students nationally per week!
All educationalists agree that art has positive effects on mental health, self-confidence and developing an individual personality. art-K helps realise those benefits by engaging teachers dedicated to these ideals and providing art projects that are inspiring and fun.
We’re looking to find a passionate, motivated and friendly Adult Art Teacher to join our team at art-K Maidstone! You will be responsible for preparing and running our Adult Art Classes, offering our personalised program to small groups of students. You may also have the option to run some of our Children’s Art Classes.
The successful applicant will be given full training in our teaching methods and techniques to run the club. The employee will be closely supported by the central support team as well as other art teachers, each based in their own art studio.
- Work with high teacher-pupil ratios, teaching students who love art.
- Work in a company whose core values are:
Sharing & educating
- Join a strong team of like-minded art teachers.
- Embark on a 2 year training programme, gaining experience across a broad range of subjects: teaching, art techniques, child development, systems and customer engagement.
- Have face-to-face training on all art projects by Kathryn, the Creative Director.
- Undergo training on administration and growth which is intrinsic to the club’s development.
- Work on projects to contribute to the art-K programme by liaising with the whole team.
- Build relationships with students, who continue learning at art-K for many years.
- Manage ad-hoc studio maintenance.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be a giving person who is passionate about students’ artistic development.
- Be an excellent communicator to encourage students on their projects and discuss progress with the customer.
- Have a positive attitude to create a welcoming and safe environment for students.
- Be growth-orientated mindset, especially towards learning and development
- Be proactive and organised approach to managing tasks.
- Contribute with creative solutions.
- Be motivated whilst working independently, embracing the responsibility and autonomy.
- Excited to work with a family-owned brand within a conscientious team.
And ideally have:
- Art degree or teaching degree
- Art skills in a range of mediums
- Experience teaching with children
- Strong computer skills
- Long term commitment to previous roles
- H&S, child safeguarding and first aid training.
- Ofsted registered.
- 24/7 access to mental health support with BUPA.
Pension Scheme: Contributions are made to SMART pension.
Sick Pay: Following probation, enhanced sick pay policy; 3 weeks full pay in any 12 month period.
Salary: £12.24 per hour.
Term time: 5 hours Wednesdays and Thursdays, option to work on Mondays teaching children’s classes. During school holidays shift patterns change. Holidays can be taken in school holidays.
To apply, submit your CV, cover letter and portfolio.