art-K Clapham is an art club for children aged 6 to 18 based in Clapham. Using a wide range of mediums and learning techniques, the club aims to teach children a diverse range of artistic styles as well as 3D projects.
With over 50 branches across the country and 5000+ students – art-K has a tried-and-tested programme that’s proven to work in teaching children core artistic skills and techniques. art-K cares very deeply about sharing their love of art with our students, and our goal is ensuring each child has access to an art-K club in their local area.
We’re looking to find a passionate, motivated and friendly Assistant Art Teacher to join our team at art-K Clapham! You will be supporting our Art Teachers with the running of the session and the upkeep of the studio, ensuring our students get the best experience when attending our classes.
- Work in a fun, club environment with high teacher-student ratios where children are enthusiastic about art.
- Join a strong team of like-minded artists and teachers who are all committed and passionate about art education.
- Have face-to-face training on all art projects by Kathryn, the Creative Director.
- Gain experience and knowledge in delivering skill-based art programmes, teaching and child development. Learn how to individualise a programme to a students’ needs and abilities, to help their long-term development.
- Support class preparations, for example:
- Laying out materials
- Talking through aims with your manager
- Sharpening pencils
- Washing paintbrushes
- Cutting out templates and other requests made by your manager
- Ad hoc other
- Maintain the studio’s upkeep, which includes:
- Window displays
- Prepping paint
- Cleaning the space
- Making posters
The ideal candidate will:
- Create a safe, happy, nurturing environment for students to thrive in.
- Actively engage with parents to discuss the progress of the students with parents.
- Support the students’ ongoing learning environment by:
- Running workshops in school holidays.
- Ad-hoc cover when the branch manager is ill or on holiday – preparing and leading classes.
- Ad-hoc cover of nearby studios when required – preparing and leading classes.
And ideally have:
- Art degree or equivalent skills
- Art skills in a range of mediums
- Experience teaching/ working with children
- Long term commitment to previous roles
- Positive and proactive attitude
- Someone who lives within 30 minutes of the branch
- Flexibility to assist in other branches within a reasonable commuting distance in cases of staff absence
- Casual dress
- 24/7 access to mental health support with BUPA.
- Sick pay (Following probation, enhanced sick pay policy; 3 weeks full pay in any 12 month period)
Please apply with a cover letter and portfolio. Please visit our website at www.art-k.co.uk before applying.
Part-time hours: 7.5 hrs per week during term time – Saturday 8:30 – 16:00. Assistant Teachers will work throughout school holidays and half terms on a different schedule.
Salary: £5066.00 per annum.