Work as part of the Recruitment and HR team (4 Full Time staff) to recruit, train, allocate and provide HR support to the company’s 100s of staff and contractors. This role will focus on the pre-selection stage of hiring, you will be pivotal in creating short lists of the highest quality candidates to teach art to children and adults.
As a medium sized company art-K is committed to and values each member of staff; art-K is in a growth phase so the successful applicant will have opportunities for future role development.
What you’ll do:
- Supporting recruitment from start to finish; working with interested parties to gain a consensus on job offers.
- Supporting the smooth recruitment of new employees into the company for a variety of roles:
- Permanent teaching roles: assistant teachers, art teachers and branch managers.
- Contract teaching roles; art assistants.
- Central operations specialist team members; accountants, administrators, operations
- Utilise various recruitment tools and platforms (training will be given) to connect with applicants , to assess their merits and qualify them up to interview stage.
- Shortlisting candidates for the first round interview, conducting that interview, and recommending who to put forward for next round interviews.
- Methodically process applications so there is transparency across the art-K Recruitment team on what part of the process applicants are at.
- Maintain a complete record of interviews and new hires.
- Supporting the onboarding process (profile creation, documentation and DBS) by using the new hire paperwork template which ensures legislation requirements are met.
- Help maintain compliance for all Ofsted requirements, checking the studio checklist is up to date to ensure their compliance.
- Using HR platforms, report on training of employees and ensure development is on target and meeting HR/ H&S requirements.
- Maintaining a high level of communication (verbal and written) with the art-K studios to proactively manage the resources in the branches.
- Administrative support where required to the HR team.
- A based degree 2:1 or above.
- Preferable: CIPD level 3 or higher or other related recruitment qualification.
- Preferable: Safer recruitment qualification and training on equality and diversity.
- 2+ years in an HR related or managerial role with a people management aspect
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications generally.
Specific Soft skills
- A curious mind to understand employee behaviour, to understand what an applicant’s motivations are when applying for a role.
- Strong verbal communication skills, to be able to hold a positive interview – representing the company – and promote the brand in HR related events, as well as holding internal meetings in a confident way.
- Time management to ensure the correct tasks are prioritised depending on short-term and long-term objectives and balancing importance with urgency.
- Strong organisational skills to coordinate different aspects of the role.
- Attention to detail to notice trends and/or irregularities when CV searching.
Company’s core values
Feeling connected to the company’s core values is essential for success in this role:
- Growth mindset
- Sharing and educating
- Ownership and connection
art-K induces all employees through a certified training provider Citation on HSE and HR policies.
The company encourages professional self-development and provides financial support and study time for appropriate professional qualifications (e.g. CIPD development or management courses). Employees who wish to study and train to grow with the company are welcomed.
- 24/7 access to mental health support with BUPA.
- Benefits well-being scheme through Heka.
- Scheme to earn more days of leave linked to length of service, starting after 1 year.
- 28 days holiday a year
Location: Romford, In person
Salary: 28K with £1K signing-on bonus paid in first month
Full time: Monday – Friday, 40 hours per week