art-K is a private art education service which teaches children (who love art!) weekly during the day, after school and on the weekend. art-K has developed a specialist art program that tutors art skills to create great pieces of art. We are the largest art education service in England, teaching over 4000 children nationally per week.
All educationalist agree that Art has positive effects on mental health, self-confidence and developing an individual personality. Schools try to retain as much art as they can, whilst balancing the demands of the core curriculum. art-K helps realise those benefits by engaging teachers dedicated to these ideals and providing art projects that are inspiring and fun.
Our Teddington branch is filling up, so we’re expanding the club by recruiting for a teacher to work Sunday-Wednesday, who will both teach their own classes and assist the club at other points in the week.
Working with art-K means you will:
- Work in a fun, club environment with high teacher-student ratios where children are enthusiastic about art.
- Join a strong team of like-minded artists and teachers.
- Gain experience and knowledge in art programmes, teaching and child development.
- Have training on all art-K projects.
- Establish new art classes in the week in existing facilities that are not currently offered.
- Run workshops in school holiday times.
- Be available to cover classes at other clubs on occasions of art leader sickness, training, or other absence, (extra hours and travel costs to be paid if required)
What we look for:
- Art degree
- Experience working with children
- Basic computer skills
- A giving person who is passionate about children’s artistic development.
- A positive attitude to encourage students on their projects.
- Motivated whilst working independently.
- Excited to work with a family-owned brand within a conscientious team.
H&S, child safeguarding and first aid training. 24/7 access to mental health support with BUPA.
Salary: part fixed salary and part performance pro rata of a FTE take home 20-25K.
Term time working days: around 25 hours per week Sunday-Wednesday. During the holidays teachers will run workshops between Monday – Friday 9-5pm.
Location: TW11 8EY
Please see our risk assessment on the website for full details.